The Educated Dog
Training and Behavior Modification
email@example.com (917) 428-1516
Teach your dog new behaviors or reduce unwanted behaviors through positive interactions - improving the quality of your lives together.
Schedule a complimentary 15-minute consultation to learn more and to discuss your goals with a CPDT-KA and CBCC-KA certified dog trainer and certified behavior consultant.
My goal is to teach you how to apply the basic principles of learning such that your dog learns essential life skills, builds confidence, and reduces fear or anxiety-based behaviors. It is pure joy to watch your dog progress - using 100% positive, humane and science-based methods.
Set your puppy up for success
Puppies are pure joy - and hard work! All effort put in during this critical period of life pays off greatly in the future through preventing problem behaviors, teaching good manners, and building the foundation necessary for a harmonious life together. Services include:
Puppy proofing your home
Resource guarding prevention
Teach your dog at any age
Teaching basic skills are essential for your dog's well-being. Some behaviors are nothing short of life-saving, others extremely useful in their own right or can be used to replace unwanted behaviors. And the rest - just plain fun! Teach your dog:
Beginner through advanced behaviors
Loose leash walking
Reduce unwanted behaviors
Problem behaviors can be extremely stressful for all. Many problem behaviors stem from underlying emotions such as fear and anxiety. Others are learned. Both can be modified using gentle, effective, and evidence-based methods of behavior modification, helping to resolve:
Leash reactivity (lunging, barking)
Private training sessions are conducted in your home and include:
Personalized curriculum to meet your goals
A detailed written summary after each session
Support between sessions to ensure you continue to make progress
Board and Train options are available on a custom basis
Each session is 90 minutes:
1 Session $175
3 Pack $480
6 Pack $900
Book your complimentary 15-minute consultation.
1. The laws of dog behavior and learning are based on science - not anecdotes, myths, or opinions.
2. The most important component to your dog's progress in training and overall well-being - is you.
3. Mastering the general principles and techniques of dog training allows you to progress far beyond our sessions together.
4. Training should be joyful for you and your dog - pain or discomfort have no place in learning.
5. Training is lifelong and every interaction is a teaching moment.
6. Training is a step by step process. Just like you would not expect a child who doesn't know the alphabet to read, do not expect a dog who has not mastered a recall at home to come to you when chasing a squirrel.
7. No one can guarantee results, but we can choose the right tools in the right moment to increase the likelihood of learning to occur.
8. Think what you want your dog to do, not what you do not want.
9. Your dog's nutrition, health, genetics, and environment all impact learning and must be taken into account.
10. Play with your dog! This provides essential mental and physical stimulation.